HOW TO USE OUR INFORMATION
Political Monitor’s data, research and analysis provide insight into the commercial and policy implications of political trends and events. Our analysis is primarily focused on the implications of political trends over the medium to long term rather than providing a commentary on the daily political cycle.
Our data, research and analysis is used by clients in any of the following ways:
- Long range strategic planning– our analysis is used by firms to help them understand how political trends may shape the commercial environment over the medium to long term. Firms use this political analysis to determine how their business or specific projects are likely to be impacted by a changing political and regulatory environment
- Asset selection and investment planning– the regulatory environment shapes relative returns and risk exposure both in Australia and overseas. Our analysis is used by investors – big and small – to gain a deeper understanding of how political trends and risk may affect investment decisions now and into the future
- Mergers & acquisitions- M&A transactions are increasingly exposed to political and regulatory oversight. While regulatory processes are well documented and understood the purpose and objectives of political oversight are less clear and it is political considerations that tend to either slow down or impede a successful transaction. Politcal Monitor's analysis is used to help deal partners better understood the political obstacles to a transaction and prepare accordingly
- Operational performance– political risk often comes as a surprise and can severely interrupt business operations. When that happens firms use our data and analysis to understand the implications of political change and what can be done to manage it
- Risk monitoring– many firms have enterprise risk management processes in place. Smart firms ensure these processes include political risk monitoring. Our services provide an ongoing watch of political events and trends likely to impact a firm or industry’s commercial environment
- Political risk insurance- covering a firm for political events is becoming increasingly necessary and common. Our research is used to help firms understand which markets and / or projects are exposed to insurable risk.
Political Monitor’s services are used at a country, industry, firm and project level. The services can be used on an ongoing basis or as needed for specific projects.
WHAT IS UNIQUE ABOUT POLITICAL MONITOR RESEARCH & ANALYSIS?
Political Monitor analysts have practical politcal and business experience in addition to formal qualifications. We are not just academics.
We have been political advisers and consultants and held senior roles in the private sector, particularly in the risk management and business information industries. We have extensive networks across politics, business and media and use this network to gather information and insight that informs our analysis. Where appropriate we also rely upon secondary data sources, which we disclose in our reports.
We are not lobbyists or in the government relations business. Political Monitor is singularly focused on helping clients understand the commercial and policy implications of political trends and events and putting them ahead of their competitors in preparing for changes to the political and regulatory environment.
To learn more about Political Monitor and our approach please contact:
Ph (Aus): 1300 799 372